A'kin Pure Raidance Rosehip Oil

I am a late comer when it comes to the world of facial oil, having only tried it for the first time last year. It turns out be quite suitable for my (now normal with some dry flakes) skin type, I have already finished this bottle (ok, some got poured onto the ground while I tried to photograph the pump) at the time of review.

A'kin by Purist Pure Radiance Rosehip Oil was weekend discovery at Marshall's (I was attracted to anything rose-related although deep inside, I know its connection with the fragrant flower was far-fetched). The bottle has a simple ingredient list consists of only rosehip oil and rosemary extract.

The carrot-colored oil has a runnier consistency than cooking oil and thanks to the rosemary extract, a strong smell that reminds me of the back of Chinese restaurant (or heated up cooking oil mixed with some oriental spices), evening use seems fine enough (not sure how soothing a Chinese kitchen is though) but it made me quite self-conscious during day time.
Following the instruction by using 2-3 drops in the morning and evening. It absorbs quickly and gives a soft glow to the face. After a few days, I notices that not only it was able to soothe the dry flakes away, it also managed to fade the acne scars and prevent new break out (maybe it just keeps things moisturized enough I don't peel anything prematurely and it takes all the fun out of face-picking when my face smells like cooking oil).  

Overall: I love it but next time (I mean this time, since I got a new bottle) I will go for a just rosehip oil minus the spice. 

Comments

  1. Hey Citrine! You know that Oshima Tsubaki camellia oil? You can use it on your face too! Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a whole bottle of it and brought it to parent's house (during spring break) and then somehow it was gone! I doubt that my parent know what it's for since there is no label on the bottle....Anyway, it just seems more portable to get the tiny vial of rosehip oil from Marshall's.

      Delete
  2. I've been into oils lately since getting over the fear. I;ve seen using jojoba oil and I'm almost out and want to try something new. I may consider this as I've heard great things aboout it in addition to your review minus the scent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.